BidVertiser

Thursday, September 18, 2014

The 30 Bananas A Day Diet

by Discreet Serpent

I'm going back to beach in a couple of months, and I could certainly lose a couple of pounds so I can confidently walk around wearing only my swimming shorts. So I checked several websites to look for diets that could help me out. One program, in particular, caught my attention. Netizens call it "the trip to banana island" or the 30BaD (30 Bananas a Day) diet.





How does it work? You basically have to eat 30 bananas a day, and nothing else much. Some iterations of the diet also require you to drink 4 quarts of water, 30 minutes of sunshine, regular exercise, and 8-10 hours of sleep. Basically, 97% of your calories would come from the fruit, and the remaining 3% would come from nuts, greens and seeds.


They say that the inspiration for this diet comes from the 80/10/10 diet plan of Dr. Douglas Graham. That diet consists of consuming 80% fruits and vegetables, 10% protein, and 10% fat. The 30 BaD diet reportedly resulted from the personal experiences of a "30 Bananas a Day" team who had years of experience in dieting. Graham, however, had this to say: “I am not affiliated with the site, nor have I trained the people who run the site to give lifestyle advice. I praise them for creating programs based upon the 80/10/10 Diet, but cannot support the aspects of the program that are different from the basic plan I originally created.”


This fad has apparently caught on and has a growing number of supporters. People even use the hashtags #bananaisland, #30bananasaday, and #bananagirl when they post their activities on Instagram and Twitter. These users post what they eat, how long they have been on the diet, and how much weight they have lost since. This "trip to banana island" has turned into a fun way of losing weight, so it seems.


Not everyone is a fan of this diet, however. As it turns out, the 30BaD diet wasn't created (and backed) by licensed nutritionists and dietitians. Some experts also believe that eating only bananas would deprive the dieters of vital nutrients over time. They say that any diet that requires the consumption of only one thing is unhealthy.


Me? I'm no expert but I think I'll stick to a diet that allows me to eat my favorite dishes. I don't mind spending a few extra minutes at the gym just to get my "beach body" back. Perhaps there are other diet plans out there that would require me to eat dessert all day. While I love bananas, I don't think I can stand not eating anything else.


RELATED POSTS:


Make Up Transformations 

Make up transformations 2  

Make Up Transformations 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika