BidVertiser

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cee Lo Green Tweets His (Ignorant) Thoughts On Rape

Cee Lo Green, the international artist and The Voice coach, has been in hot water of late. First, he was involved in a rape charge for a 2012 incident where he allegedly "slipped drugs" to a girl and went ahead to have intercourse with her. Then, he sent a series of tweets to shed light on his understanding of the term "rape."
image courtesy of rollingout.com

"If someone is passed out they're not even WITH you consciously. So WITH implies consent!"

"When someone breaks on a home there is broken glass where is your plausible proof anyone was raped."

"So if I TRIED but did not succeed but the person said i DID then what really happened?"

"Women who have been really raped REMEMBER"


These tweets (as well as his Twitter account) have been deleted within hours of posting. Cee Lo, however, "tried" to make an apology of sorts by sending out this final message:

"Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context. I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it was your support that got me thru this to begin with. I'd never condone the harm of any women. Thank you."


I believe that a long, LONG time ago "force" and "resistance" were necessary elements to establish that rape has been committed. So if a woman doesn't show a reasonable effort to ward off the attacker, then no rape has been committed. This has evolved over the years, especially with the introduction of date rape drugs and other similar contraband. If there is no consent, it should be tantamount to rape. Of course, different cultures and countries may have different views and rulings on the issue.


I am not sure why Cee Lo sent out those tweets in the first place. It made matters worse for him, in my opinion. It is appalling how such ignorance can come out of someone that used to have the respect of millions.

1 comment:

Bidvertiser

Chitika