BidVertiser

Friday, October 24, 2014

Ariana Grande Quits Catholicism Because Of How Her Brother Was Treated

Pop icon and superstar Ariana Grande is overly protective of and loves her gay brother Frankie Grande to death. This is no secret. Even Frankie, who was a house guest in this season's Big Brother, has been very vocal about how close he is with his younger sister. It is not wonder that nothing can get in between their relationship. Not even religion.

image courtesy of instinctmagazine.com
Instinct Magazine reports:

So, when the Catholic Church -- which the siblings were raised following -- told Frankie that "God didn't love him" because he's born that way, Ariana didn't hesitate to drop the rosary beads and pick up the Kabbalah bracelet. 


“I adored and worshipped my brother, Frankie, as a little girl – everything he did was cool,” Ariana told The Telegraph. “When my brother was told that God didn’t love him I was like, ‘OK, that’s not cool.’ They were building a Kabbalah centre in Florida so we both checked it out and really had a connection with it.”

But the waning Catholic war on gays isn't the the only Vatican decree that turned off Ariana. 

“[The church] said Spongebob Squarepants is gay and he’s a sinner and he should burn in hell. And Harry Potter was a sin. And working women. I was like ‘Enough! First the gays, then Spongebob and now Harry Potter? Get out my house!’” Ariana said in a 2013 interview. "I was not having it. And the working woman thing? It was a moment for me. I needed something else to believe in.”

What a big move from the superstar! I wouldn't say that I totally agree with everything she has done, but I could not argue with the fact that she was willing to do leaps and bounds just to protect her loved ones from bullies and discrimination.

I personally believe that the Church should not be judged because of the acts of a few. The Church is a community, and just like every other community, there are good seeds and bad seeds. But that's a topic for another day.


YOU SHOULD ALSO READ:


What lesbians think about gay men... 

What gay men think about: TOPs vs BOTTOMs 

Do Men With Big Feet Have A Tendency To Cheat? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika