BidVertiser

Friday, October 31, 2014

Apple's CEO Tim Cook Just Came Out

This is huge!

Apple's CEO Tim Cook just came out as gay, and he did so with a blast! He had this to say in an interview with Business Insider:

"While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven’t publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."

image courtesy of nytimes.com
It was a unique approach to coming out because he chose a business magazine instead of a lifestyle magazine to cover his story. He also made sure that his being gay is seen as something that aided him in his business interactions and dealings.

"Being gay has given me a deeper understanding of what it means to be in the minority and provided a window into the challenges that people in other minority groups deal with every day. It’s made me more empathetic, which has led to a richer life. It’s been tough and uncomfortable at times, but it has given me the confidence to be myself, to follow my own path, and to rise above adversity and bigotry. It’s also given me the skin of a rhinoceros, which comes in handy when you’re the CEO of Apple."

There has been a lot of speculation about Cook's sexuality, and now those rumors can finally be put to rest.


You may also want to read what a Bloomberg reporter had to say about this important occurrence in the business world.  This is, after all, the first time that a leader of a fortune 500 company has willingly come out of the closet.

"Tim, you didn't have to come out, but you did.  And to that I say, 'Welcome to the Family.'  But you already were part of the family through your companies support and actions.  This year, I went to one of my favorite cities, Austin, Texas, to celebrate their pride.  One of the main reasons 17 of us went was because a good friend that works for Apple was invited to walk in the Pride parade to represent his company.  Yes, Apple was going to have a presence in the parade and what a presence it was.  Over 3,000 marchers wearing Apple shirts marched down Congress and 4th street.  I think it took them at least 6 minutes to pass us. Thanks Apple for the show of support."


YOU SHOULD ALSO READ:

 Open Relationships: Salvation or Doom 

5 Signs That Your Ex Wants You Back 

Forget These 10 Relationship Rules 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika