BidVertiser

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Lifeguard

by Discreet Serpent

image courtesy of capolavoroart.com
I used to be on the heavy side; a nerd who just wanted to spend the day reading a book in a secluded beach. How I loved those quiet mornings; the cool sea breeze, the calming sound of splashing waves, the playful birds in the background, me sitting under a palm tree. Everything changed when other guys discovered my secret spot.

A bunch of jocks, in particular, made my life miserable. They constantly picked on me, calling me names and telling me a guy with my body type shouldn't be seen without a shirt on in public. They called me an eyesore, and they laughed at me. I tried to ignore their childish antics, but they kept pushing me to my limits. One day, I decided to just stop going to that beach. I had other things to do.

That miserable experience inspired me to take swimming lessons. I trained every single day for a year. I also went to the gym on a daily basis. I was fueled by the humiliation I felt from those bullies. Never again, I said. 

Today, I came back to my favorite beach as a lifeguard. The bullies saw me, and I noticed several jaws dropping. Of course they recognized me. And now, it seems like they want me.

RELATED POSTS


The dancer in the court

The stranger at the gym

The bathhouse kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika