BidVertiser

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Painter

by Discreet Serpent

image courtesy of deviantart.com
I needed a change. I've been doing the same shit for ten years now, and quite frankly I might lose it soon. Nothing I can do about my day job, unless I quit and find something new. Not a lot of options for a bank employee like me though. I will probably reach retirement age doing the same thing on a daily basis. I don't have time for dates, either. I would rather spend my only day off sleeping all day. 

So I decided to have my walls painted. It may sound silly, but maybe a fresh scenario when I wake up in the morning would help make the rest of the day better. The painter came over earlier than expected; I was supposed to get groceries first. I asked him to start the job while I went out to the supermarket. I heard him mumble something about forgetting to bring his work clothes, but I chose to ignore it and headed out.

When I got back an hour later, I heard music playing inside my room. The painter must have taken the liberty to turn my player on. I didn't mind, really. As long as he did a good job with my walls, I'm good.  I went inside my room to check how he was doing, and I was surprised to see him naked. He was surprised to see me; he didn't expect me back so soon. He apologized, saying he didn't have his work clothes and he can't afford to have paint on his clean clothes. "Don't worry," I said. "Everything looks really good from where I'm standing." 


RELATED POSTS:


Best Friends Playing Around

The Dancer in the Court

The Stranger at the Gym

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika