BidVertiser

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Dancer in the Court

by Discreet Serpent

Image courtesy of langoaurelian.tumblr.com
I've always dreamed of being a ballet dancer. As a kid, I secretly observed as my older sister Annie practiced the steps she learned from her ballet class. I knew I was a better dancer, and I executed each step with grace. I have long wished to be given a chance to play the role of Prince Siegfred in "Swan Lake."

But Dad had other things in mind. "Alex, you need to learn how to play ball. It's the masculine thing to do," he said. "I don't want to see you wasting time in useless girly things like dancing." So I played. And I was good. A "Dancer in the Court," people would call me. I had the love and admiration of everyone.

But sometimes, late at night, I sneak into the dance studio. I put on my dance shoes, turn up the music, and become the person who I really am.


RELATED POSTS:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika