BidVertiser

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Will You Trust Your Boyfriend With His Ex?

by Discreet Serpent


What do they say about exes? That they are like burglars in the night who can come anytime and steal from you when you least suspect it? Or maybe it’s the other way around, and exes are locked in the past where they belong? This is one of my favorite points of discussion when I am out drinking with my buddies. This usually comes up when one of them starts dating and I know that his ex is just a text message away.

Will you ever trust your boyfriend with his ex? Do the feelings and physical attraction ever get lost, or are they bound to something crazy if left alone? Are you friends with your exes (and remained platonic)? Have you cheated with an ex boyfriend?


image courtesy of orangejuiceblog.com


Trust is key

“Hello. First let me congratulate you for your blog. I hope this blog can bring the right advice to its followers. Now, regarding your questions. Yes, we ought to trust our boyfriend. Three basic requirements when having a boyfriend: love, respect, and (most important is) trust. Partners should really take good care of the trust that was handed over to them. It’s our way of showing our partner that we really care about him.”
***Tyron***

“Yes. Past is past. And I’m sure he’ll never cheat on me with his ex. Trust is the key my dear.”
***MingoholicYani***

“Yes to all questions.”
***@OhMarcusG***

“ I see nothing wrong with being friends with your exes, especially if you ended your past relationship gracefully. So I wouldn’t mind if my boyfriend now would want to catch up with his ex/exes. No insecurities. Feelings and physical attraction shouldn’t be there already because they ended the relationship in the first place.”
***Neostigmine***


I can’t relate

“My dear, I don’t even try to have Filipino boyfriend and as of now I’m committed with my German boyfriend. An I never indulge with his friends, that’s why I can’t say anything about your questions.”
***Denz, Iloilo***

“No boyfriend since birth here. No idea about it.”
***(peace sign)***

“I haven’t been in a relationship ever.”
***TunayNaPagibig***


Leave my boyfriend alone!

“Will I ever trust my boyfriend with his ex? Definitely not!! Because for me an ex is an ex and there will be a tendency that if you leave them alone together it will definitely bring back the good times they shared together. I won’t ever let that happen. Once a relationship ends it must stop there. Let your boyfriend cherish your moments together…”
***THIS IS THE END***

“Physical attraction will still be there, based on my own experience.”
***proteinshake***

“Boys will be boys. For sure, there will still be physical attraction. Remember, guys always think about sex. It’s in our nature. There is a big chance of something happening that will trigger or rekindle the special feelings that they had before. And BOOM. Complication comes in. Conflict with the current boyfriend. Separation because he will want to go back to his ex. Break up. Exes shouldn’t meet with their former partners not only as respect to the current relationship but also for self respect. “
***Rp***


I still hook up with my exes

“No, I would never trust him with his ex ever! I trust my boyfriend but not his ex. Call me paranoid but it’s better to be safe than sorry. I’m friends with most of my exes but never remained platonic with three of them. I never had sex with any of them when I’m in a relationship, but when I’m single I still hook up with either of them especially during “dry seasons” lol.”
***BC***

“I’m friends with all my exes and I am sure if I see them or if we are left alone in a room, something will happen. I think that whatever happens, our exes will always have a special place in our heart. Especially in my case because all my breakups were civil.”
***Helvetica***


On being friends with your exes

“It takes time before exes can become friends. It will depend on whether they are stable with their current relationships and if this relationship has withstood the test of time.”
***Rp***

“You can never really tell, I can only speak for myself. No I won’t, coz when it’s over it’s over. And yes, I’m friends with my exes.”
***Brave1***

“If two lovers remain friends it’s either they still love each other or they never really loved each other at all. For most cases, it’s because they still have feelings for each other.”
***Ghe***

“I am friends with my ex. It was around November 2012 when we started having problems as a couple. Because of pride, we started ignoring each other in school after we broke up. Time went on and it became “normal” for us not to talk to each other even if we see each other in class. We graduated and didn’t see each other for a long time. Until one time, we had the initiative to check out on each other and just talk about the past (among other things). We ended up deciding to be friends and just forget about what happened. We are good friends now and I even know his girlfriend.”
***Charles***

 image courtesy of paragonfineart.com

At the end of the day

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer on this one. Trust him, don’t trust him, it’s really up to you. And it will also be up to your boyfriend if he takes this with a grain of salt, find it cute, or take it against you.

This should really begin with an internal reflection. Do YOU trust yourself with your ex? Is there a shred of emotion or passion left, enough to spark into heated affair if given the chance? Will YOU have the will power to turn your back from an unwanted situation? If you don’t trust yourself with your ex, then chances are, you won’t trust your partner with his ex either.

The next issue would be regarding your perception of your partner. Is he the type of person who would succumb to temptation easily? Does he have lingering feelings for his ex? Is he the type to cheat? Your partner is the main focus of the issue, and you should be able to trust him to remain faithful to you even if he is left alone with his ex.

Finally, the ex should also be given a little credit. Does he go out of his way to connect with your partner? Is he all over him, all the time? If he is the type of person who likes to get what he wants regardless of the limitations, then you are better off not trusting him.

Trust is key. You should be able to trust your partner not to do anything stupid. But at the same time, you should not leave anything to chance. It is better to nip this from the bud and stop anything from happening in the first place. This is a delicate conversation to have, and you should try your best not to sound like you don’t trust your partner (because that will spell trouble for your relationship). Even if at the end of the day, this IS a trust issue.



RELATED POSTS









No comments:

Post a Comment

Bidvertiser

Chitika